Snorkeling and Diving
- 8 HOURS
- Reykjavík, South
Immerse yourself in a unique underwater world with unmatchedwater clarity and swim between two of the biggest continental plates on theplanet!
Your Silfra Diving Day Tour begins when we pick you up fromyour accommodation in Reykjavík. During the one-hour drive to ThingvellirNational Park, your guide will introduce you to the unique geological andcultural history of Silfra and the surrounding Thingvellir area.Upon arrival at the Silfra fissure, your guide will give youa detailed briefing of the dive site and the most important aspects of dry suitdiving. Your guide will then assist you in setting up the dive equipment. Weuse only high quality BARE and Buddy brand SCUBA equipment and APEX regulators.
Then it’s time to take the plunge and experience diving intoSilfra’s pristine, crystal clear water. Filtered over decades by Iceland’svolcanic basaltic rock, you can easily take a sip during your dive; you won’tfind purer drinking water. During your dive you will explore the four main parts ofSilfra. You will float through Big Crack, Silfra’s narrowest section, where youcan have your ‘Dive Between the Continents’ photo taken. As the fissure widensyou will find yourself in the majestic Silfra Hall with the possibility oflocal geese and ducks paddling overhead. Near to the opening to Thingvallavatnwe will enter the Silfra Cathedral; if there are divers ahead you will see the‘chandelier effect’ of their rising bubbles. Your dive is finished in the endlessvisibility of Silfra Lagoon.
After this first dive, we will make our way back along achallenging but rewarding 250 meter path with our dive gear and then warm ourhands and spirits with hot chocolate and cookies.
What do I need to bring?
- be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or equivalent
- have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the tour dateORhave at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives.
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Diving Silfra Medical Statement
- be at minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
- be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
- be at minimum 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant
Minimum Age18 years
View Full Gallery