We say: This is the dream basically. Our favourite guests on this tour were 3 young guys from Texas who came to our office once; they were professional divers in the Gulf of Mexico, and had been saving up to come to Iceland to go to Silfra diving for quite some time. We had actually never seen 3 people so excited about clear, cold water. But it’s so much more than clear, cold water! It’s 80m visibility and you’re in the Mid Atlantic Rift. That’s the rift that tore pangea apart, did we mention that?
Diving in Silfra is something that many divers come to Iceland especially to do. And if we sense that people have a PADI licence but didn’t know about Silfra, then we are always make sure to tell them and they are always super excited. You need to have a dry suit certification to do this, and Dive.is are very strict on the rules here, which we appreciate. If you don’t have that, you can see the view on their snorkeling tour, or, you can go the whole hog and get your dry suit certification with them. The guests we’ve organised this for are always very satisfied. What’s cooler than getting the dry suit diving certification in Iceland? 5* feedback from us and the guests on this tour.
- Free hotel pick up and return in Reykjavik
- 2 guided dives (if temperature drops below 0°C we do only 1 dive)
- all necessary equipment
- hot choclate and cookies in the dive break
- entrance fee of ISK 1.000,- into Silfra
- your SCUBA dive certification card (PADI Open Water or equivalent)
- proof of dry suit certification or 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of tour date
- long underwear
- thick socks
- suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- be a certified diver at the level of PADI Open Water or equivalent
- have dry suit diving certification and a logged dry suit dive within two years of the tour date
have at least 10 logged dry suit dives within two years of the tour date and be able to provide written proof from a diving instructor of these dry suit dives.
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Diving Silfra Medical Statement
- be at minimum 150cm / maximum 200cm
- be at minimum 45kg / maximum 120kg
- be at minimum 17 years of age (signature of legal guardian required for under 18 year old participants)
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight & constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant
Pickup InformationWe will meet you at Silfra at the time stated above on this ticket. A map showing the meeting point at Silfra can be seen HERE. Please note that it takes about an hour to drive to Silfra from Reykjavík. The Information Center has a gift shop, cafe, and restrooms. Please note that the National Park charges a 500 ISK fee for parking at the meter. PLEASE BRING: your diving certification card, dry suit diving certification or written proof of 10 dry suit dives within the last two years, long thermal underwear and two pairs of thick wool socks. Please be sure to fill out the required Medical Statement by following this link: www.checkin.dive.is
If you prefer to use our transportation service from Reykjavík to Silfra, please let us know! If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.